What to bring to the workshop:
- Drawing paper 12x16" or larger
- Graphite pencils: H, 2B, 4B (or similar)
- Clipboard for attaching your paper, if you have one (if not, you can borrow one at the studio)
Watercolor paper (if you will be painting in watercolor) or surface you will be using for other media.
Notebook or sketchbook for taking notes and thumbnail sketches.
Viewfinder, if you have one.
Several photos of faces you would like to use for reference. Bring more than one to evaluate and choose the best photo to work with.
Camera if you would like to record the demo or take photos.
Painting supplies (suggested for watercolor; bring your usual setup if you are working in a different medium):
- Watercolor paper with your drawing on it
- Water container
- Your choice of paper towels, Kleenex, or clean rags
- Masking liquid
- Artist tape
- Gator Board or similar support - unless you are working on a block.
- Stapler or tape to attach paper to board